Hi there… To be brutally honest, I’ve always hated writing these ‘about’ pages!!! Artist, writer, father, teacher, husband, photographer, cook, traveller, gardener, wine drinker, and professional moaner. I’m a mixture of all of these. Some I do rather well, some I think I do rather well, some I’m still learning how to do, some I do more than I should and some I wish I didn’t do at all… I’ll leave you to guess which is which!!!
Smiling at a camera is also something that probably needs working at…
I am a freelance professional artist, currently living in the rather beautiful Derbyshire countryside. I mainly specialise in mixed media painting & collage, sculpture, pen & ink drawing and portraiture. After graduating from the University of Derby with a BA (hons) Fine Art Degree in 2001, I have continued to practice as a mixed-media visual artist and have exhibited and sold my work throughout the UK. I have also undertaken numerous exciting and challenging commissions and arts projects over the years.
When the artwork doesn’t sell, I teach, and to be honest I really enjoy doing so. I have a vast amount of experience as an arts practitioner & tutor. I’ve delivered many art workshops and taught classes/courses at numerous educational establishments across the UK, for both children & adults.
- Belper Arts Festival – May 2016 Belper, Derbyshire.
- Belper Arts Trail – May 2015 Belper, Derbyshire.
- Visions of Sudbury – May 2014 Sudbury Hall, Derbyshire.
- Collage & Assemblage exhibition – Jan 2011 Embrace Arts, Leicester.
- Collage – September 2010 Art in Empty Shops, Derby.
- Collage – 14th November 2009 – 2010 Empire Theatre Liverpool.
- Temptation – 29th June – 6th July – 2007 Ashbourne Town hall, Derbyshire.
- Black & White – 27th March – 27th April – 2007 Claire Galleries, Birmingham.
- Wirksworth Festival – 9th & 10th Sep – 2006 Moot Hall, Wirksworth, Derbyshire.
- Growth – 1st & 2nd July- 2006 Ashbourne Town hall, Derbyshire.
- Growth – 4th & 5th June – 2006 Arts & Garden festival, Draycott, Derbyshire.
- Brass construction – Oct – Dec – 2005 Burton Brewhouse, Burton on Trent, Staffordshire.
- The Pentogram & the elements – 29th & 30th May – 2005 Arts & Garden festival, Draycott, Derbyshire.
- Brass with Red lentils – Sept – 2001 Wirksworth festival, Derbyshire.
- Living Sculpture – June – 2001 Pocklington Arts Centre, Pocklington, East Riding Yorkshire.
- University of Derby degree show – June – 2001 University of Derby, Britannia Mill, Derby.
- The Visitor – March – 2001 Beverley Art Gallery, Beverley, East Riding Yorkshire.
- Repetition with Brass – Feb – 2001 University of Derby, Derby.
- Angel in Flight – June – 2000 Regents House, Irongate, Derby.
My other creative outlet in life, when time permits, is my writing. Aside from keeping the blog active on this site, I have also written numerous holiday journals, which have grown in size over the years. The latest of which, ‘Le Chapeau a Disparu’, is published & available to buy or download. Aside from the journals & blogging I’ve also written works of fiction. The latest novel, ‘Dead Memory’ is expected to be finished some time soon.